#fit2fab Better me

Days 5-8 & Week 1 recap #fit2fab

11:10 AMHeather

Ok so here is the run down, Friday through Monday. Since I'm covering four days I will not go over everything that I ate, because honestly its not crazy important. I will tell you the facts about those four days though. I've been at this now for a week, I'm down 5.2lbs. I weighed in this morning at 144.4. I am completely ok with that. I focused all week on eating lots of protein, veggies, and not many carbs. My main focus was getting in a gallon (or as close as I could get in) of water a day. I did VERY good at this during the week, and by week I mean Monday through Friday. For some reason I just have a harder time getting in my water durning the weekends. Probably because I'm running around and it just is not as handy. Food wise I did really really good. I ate exactly how I wanted. I had one cheat meal on Friday night and it was so yummy! Calazone from our local pizza place. I'll be honest, I jump on my scale almost every single day. I'm just one of those people. I plan on changing that a little through this process. Part of the reason I do it is so I can see how each day shook out, but honestly you really should only hit that scale once a week. I know this, and like I said I plan on sticking to that more throughout this process. I will still jump on it, but maybe not every.single.day. I can tell you that Friday I weighed 143. something, (right now I can't remember if it was 2 or 4) and on Saturday morning after my Calazone I weighed 145. I was not discouraged by this at all. Here is why, first off I enjoyed my dinner! Second, if I limit myself forever I will never stick to anything. I know this about myself. And lastly, I knew that I planned on eating good the rest of the weekend, and I did. I packed in lots of protein and veggies/salads. I was super proud of myself by the end of the weekend, they have always been the hardest for me! We headed down to the beach on Saturday and stayed until heading to work/school yesterday. We had such a nice weekend trying to escape the heat. 104 at my house all weekend! The beach was great. We rode our bikes there on Saturday, 8 miles round trip. So I was happy I got a little exercise in! I do plan on doing more of that, the exercise thing....but the heat here has been almost unbearable. I will do it!________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ So this week I am going to be setting some small goals for myself. I started reading Choose more lose more for life by Chris Powell, and I will be starting the carb cycling soon. I would like to read a little more so I can't say for sure whether it will be sometime this week or next but soon. In the meantime I will be sticking with my protein cuz it works for me. One thing I read that I really liked was making goals/promises to yourself that are within reach. Not huge or vague ones that are untainable. I'm not going to say I'm going to lose 40 pounds or that I'm going to go to the gym every single day. It is not something that will ever happen and then I've just set myself up for defeat. He talks about SMART goals...
Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Time-Bound, this makes a ton of sense to me. So while I'm still getting further into the book I plan on setting some SMART goals for this week. I actually will also be setting some daily goals as well and I will keep you posted on how I do. I plan on starting each day with a promise to myself! I'm holding myself accountable through this blog even if I'm the only one who reads it. Ha ha... So here are the first of my SMART goals... __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Today's promise to myself____ I will do something ACTIVE!________________________________________________ *****This weeks goals/promises***** 1. NO soda this week (yikes, I love me some diet dr. pepper) 2. Exercise at least 3 times this week 3. Be at 136 by October 7th - that equals out to 2.8 down per week 4. Get in my gallon of water (even on the weekend) 5. Goal weight for 9/23 (next Tuesday) 141.6
Here's to a great week!!! XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form