I slaved over this post pinspiration

Pinspired Sunday....its a dirty job!

11:15 AMHeather

So I have this awesome craft that I have been meaning to do for Pinspiration Sunday but yesterday when I was cleaning prior to working on my project I thought of something that I had been wanting to do. I have seen all of these cool cleaning tricks that I have been wanting to try so I thought that this week for Pinspiration Sunday I would try those, especially since I still need to pick up a couple items for my fun project. So here are the pins that I tried out.

I hate to admit that when I clean the bathroom every week I mostly focus on the floor, toilet, and the sinks. I have neglected the bathtub/shower area, so this whole idea would be perfect. So I started out with my cleaning essentials...
Almost all of these pins suggested using baking soda and vinegar to clean, but I enlisted a couple other tried and true cleaners just for the extra help. Here is what my bathtub/shower head looked like before I started. (I'm embarrassed to show you but for this project it was necessary).
So I started out with the shower head. I filled my baggie with the suggested 1/3 cup of baking soda and then added the cup of vinegar. Guess what happened? Once the vinegar hit that baking soda it started bubbling and overflowed out of the baggie (wasn't expecting that) I added a little more vinegar to the baggie and placed it over the shower head.
Then I set out to clean the rest of the tub.
I should note that before I had decided to do this project I had already sprayed the whole thing down with Mr. Clean, but I went ahead and added the vinegar and baking soda solution as directed. Then I waited a little while, then started scrubbing. And then guess what.... it didn't come clean...hmmm imagine that. I scrubbed hard to, it was sort of annoying. So since I had gotten this far I decided that I needed to enlist the big guns...
.....and started scrubbing.....
And low and behold it started to come clean. Magic eraser and elbow grease, imagine that! I didn't even realize how yucky the walls were until I started scrubbing them as well. The worst part of that whole thing is that I know exactly why there was so much build up. I bought the Costco/Kirkland brand bar soap and boy is it yucky! It leaves a gross film on your skin and everywhere else. I actually don't even use it I use body wash but bad mamma that I am let Buddy use it because honestly the box of soap was like $13 and I didn't want to waste the money. When I was done my tub and walls looked like this....
I then took the baggie off of the shower head. (the pin instructions said to leave it on for an hour to over night)
it was definitely better but not perfect. I do think I may try it again tonight and let it sit overnight and see if that makes a difference. Overall, it took me about an hour to do all the cleaning err experimenting and then cleaning. In the end I'll just stick with the magic eraser and save some time. So save yourself the trouble of not trying any of those pinterst cleaning techniques...maybe some of them work but really cleaning twice when they don't is no fun! BTW- sorry, when I save the pictures that I took off my phone for this post they appear to have saved small. Oh well you get the idea! xo, Heather

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form