diet I slaved over this post

Holy Balls I'm 35!

11:00 AMHeather

Well it came. My 35th birthday. The picture above is the birthday cake that Sam bought me. Yes, I ate a teeny tiny square of it. Really it was small! But, it was yummy! Honestly if it weren’t for Facebook you know that most people would not even know it was your birthday, that might have been better. Then they wouldn't know that I am no longer a sweet young thing. Hee hee. I'm not that sweet! My mom and dad gave me a super cute dress that hopefully my skinny self can wear this summer, a meatloaf pan that takes out the fat and a new holder for my bible. Sam so nicely did the brakes on my Expedition and got me a new MP3 player so that I can listen to music when I go to the gym. He also bought that yummy cake and took us all out to dinner. It was a nice birthday! I jumped eagerly on my scale at 5:15 this morning…NOT! Well I did get on the scale but not eagerly. I was happy with a 5lb. loss! Although I know that the first 5 are the easiest 5 to lose. So I know that this week I cannot expect to lose the same. My weight as on this morning was 150.0 yuck! So I don’t really want to give myself a number goal for this week. Instead I would like to shoot for 2 to 4 pounds gone but while those are numbers I’m looking more to goal myself at being at the gym at least 4 times this week. I really want to focus on toning and losing at the same time. Last summer I lost 10 pounds just from lowering my calorie intake. But since my goal is for shorts this summer I need to be in the gym or doing some sort of exercise at least 4 times a week. Hitting the gym at 5:30am sucks! I’m tired but I’m getting used to it. Its a choice right? Maybe one day I’ll like it. Maybe one day I’ll get smart and go to bed early the night before I’m gonna go. Then my eyes and face wouldn’t look so tired and wrinkly. Time for Botox. Ha ha, just kidding…sort of. So hopefully this week I can keep up with all that I am trying to achieve. I bought myself a pair of goal shorts so once I reach those I will feel like I’ve done it and accomplished something. Hopefully I can wear them this summer. I am not good with slow progression. I did make sure that I did not have any grey hair going into my 35th year. Yeah, black is back baby. Grey is gone forever…errr well at least for the next 4 weeks. 35, I’m not super excited about it. It feels older than 34. Heck, it is really close to 40 and I am not anywhere close to where I wanted to be. But I know I’m not ready for 40, and the last five years flew by. I’m kind of scared. I’m hoping that 35 will bring more wisdom. Better choices and a skinnier me. I am working on all of those. So I guess we’ll see. Hey, I’m a work in progress. Hopefully I’ll be finished soon! My sweet buddy! I love him! Best gift I ever received! I am blessed beyond measure! So here's to another 35 years and then some!
xoxo, Heather

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form