buddy

3 years ago....

10:11 PMHeather


Three years ago my life was a little different. There was me...and then there was my little buddy. I really didn't know how much my life would change over the course of three years, but i have to say that I wouldn't change a thing. I fell in love three years ago with a sweet baby boy who would be the center of my life.


His third birthday is on Wednesday and I honestly can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like only yesterday when I was telling my mom that it was ok for us to go to Sacramento days before my due date to attend my great uncles funeral. My only stipulation was that I did not want to have this baby on the side of the road on the grape vine. So off we went to Sacramento. My due date (July 3rd) came and went. We went to the funeral on the fourth and were set to go to a BBQ at my mom's cousins on the 5th. I started having contractions around seven in the morning on the 5th and they were pretty steady all day. By around 9pm that night after LOTS of painful contractions ALL day long and lots of walking we headed to the hospital in Sacramento. Sadly I was only at 2cm and they would not admit me. At this time my contractions were about 9 minutes apart. They told me to go home and come back on Tuesday (this was Saturday) Needless to say my mom was not to happy when they wouldn't admit me. They sent me on my way with 2 vicodin and 2 muscle relaxers which slowed the contractions way down. I was able to get a little sleep that night on the couch at my mom's cousins house and was super happy to eat waffles that next morning. My mom asked me if I thought I could make it home, mostly because she was so annoyed with the hospital. I thought I could since obviously no one thought that the baby was coming right away. So we left to come home, mom and dad in the and me in the back of the expedition. About 30 minutes out the contractions started again only worse...this sucked. I just want to go on the record and say that labor in the backseat of your car is not the ideal situation especially when you are racing to get home. I had contractions from that point on until we got as far as I could go....BAKERSFIELD. We stopped at the Starbucks so I could go to the bathroom and honestly as I walked through the door of Starbucks I had a MAJOR contraction. One that hurt bad enough I wanted to fall on the floor. I moaned in pain and cried and let me tell you people notice that kind of thing. People were asking if I needed an ambulance. The lady who worked at Starbucks got mom all the hospital info and off we went. I think three people helped put me back in the car.
Once we got to the hospital I was so happy to know that I was going to be admitted and finally has this baby. I let them know when I walked in the door that I wanted drugs ASAP. Boy was I relieved once I got them...after that, havin a baby was cake. I took a nap, watched some TV and then when it was time I pushed for an hour and out came my sweet baby boy.


From that moment on I was hooked! So in love with this sweet AMAZING little man! I must say that regardless of how he came into the world, all the pain and that tough car ride was worth it. I love him so much! I am truly honored and blessed to be his mommy.


I love you buddy! Happy Birthday!


xoxo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form