I slaved over this post Inspire

Inspire

11:24 PMHeather

I hate resolutions. I have every intention of keeping them I work really hard at them for about 4...hours and then I think maybe tomorrow. Needless to say, I have not lost the 10lbs. I wanted to for the last four years. I was not as crafty as I wanted to be, although I must say I did a couple kick butt things this year, and even surprised myself at how my vision for my cookie exchange desserts came out. Its really no fun to get halfway through the year and be discouraged because you didn't stick with your dumb resolutions. Last year my theme was "New". I did take this theme seriously. I got a "New" hair cut. A new job. I tried lots of new things. I thought my "New" theme worked out pretty well. A theme is much better than resolutions in my opinion. This year I would like to do something completely different. My theme for this year is "Inspire". I feel like there have been so many sad events over the last few months. People that I love are hurting and I feel at a loss in how to help them. I truly feel like God has put it on my heart to do something. Is this something new, no. I have felt this for about the last two years. But I have pushed it aside and not done anything about it. I think part of this years theme is that I want to inspire others, but also inspire myself. I still have a lot that I want to accomplish this year,and of course I'll list those things shortly but really I want this year to be about others. Hopefully I will look back at the end of 2013 and be pleased with this years theme. I don't have any details about how this theme will unfold, but I ask that you would please be patient and follow along and I am hopeful that it will be "inspiring"! Along with my whole inspire theme, I would really like to accomplish a few things. No these are not resolutions but they are things that I would be excited to get some of them done and checked off my list. It would make me happy! So here is my list of things I'd like to accomplish: 1. Hit my goal weight 2. Start and stick to a budget 3. Save money 4. Have more date nights with Little Joe 5. Do at least 2 large scale "craft like" projects that i have on my list 6. Couch to 5K (dang, I just put that in writing) 7. Do at least 2 bible studies 8. Really listen to what God is telling me 9. Blog more! 10. Be more positive in 2013 11. Have the bulk of my Christmas shopping done by October Each of these things can be accomplished. I just need to do it. What I plan on doing is a running list. This is the beginning with 11 things. As I check them off I'll add another. I may also add them as I think of them, but this is a start. I will try to hold myself accountable here :) I hope that you will follow along with my "inspire" theme. Let me know what you think. Anywho, two posts in two days. Already working on one of the things on my checklist! We'll see what happens tomorrow! xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Contact Form