Long time no see...

7:37 PMHeather

I really didn't think that it had been so long since my last post. August, that is like a crazy long time. Well, since August our lives have been upside down, sideways and uggg... you get it right? I'm pretty sure that I've written about 20 posts in my head since then with awesome pictures but alas none of them have made it to the blog. I've done some great projects that maybe eventually I'll post :) I do plan on doing Christmas goodies for the teachers so hopefully I'll get all that done this week and post something fun about that. I started a new job, way back in August, We've traveled up North for Thanksgiving, and quiet honestly the thing that has taken up all my brain for the last few months has been a custody case that is now mostly behind us. I cannot begin to express the emotions that have gone on over the last few months. I will not get into the details but I will say that it was filled with ups and downs and in the end my feelings on the outcome are mixed. I cannot say that I am 100% happy with where we ended up, but I will say that I know that God has a plan for us and I know that in the end it will all work out. There have been some bright spots and I am trying to focus on those. Today is the first day that I have ever sent my boy off with someone that I didn't completely trust. That is hard. It is hard to know that you are putting your child in someone elses hands. Although I have realized that all I can do is pray that while he is not with me that he is protected. That his heart and mind will not be polluted by people who have very different morals and thoughts than we do. I am praying that we have loved him enough, and instilled in him good values. We are teaching him the love of Jesus, and to have a good and kind heart. I pray that these are the things that stick with him and carry him through his life. I'm glad that the last few months are behind us and I am glad that we can look ahead to a new year. I think tonight of the parents who are faced with the horror of not having their babies with them this Christmas or ever again. I cannot fathom their pain or grief. I mourn with them. This kind of tragedy is unthinkable and there is no way to even describe the sadness that I feel for these families. I am just thankful that my baby is asleep in his room right now. I believe that this holiday season I am most thankful for the ones that I love. Thankful that they have been placed in my life. And thankful that I don't have to go through these days without them. Love is a blessing and I am blessed beyond measure. I am thankful for our family and friends who prayed with us and for us through this tumultuous time and thank God for getting us through. xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form