I slaved over this post pinspiration

Sunday "Pinspiration"!

9:53 PMHeather

Well, I know that I said I was going to do this post on Saturday but man, Saturdays are a killer. So I made the executive decision to do Sunday Pinspiration instead. Works out better this way :) I had every intention of doing something crafty but decided on cooking something as Buddy requested Ba-sketti for dinner. So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try one of the yummy looking baked spaghetti's that I've pinned. Of course the one that looked super yummy to me seemed a little fattier than I wanted so I decided to try to make it a little more waistline friendly so I decided to change it up make it a little skinnier and get some veggies hidden in there that Buddy might not notice! The result Uh-MAZE-BALLS! It really is super yummy and Buddy loved it!!!! Here is the pin pic.. of course hers looks awesome

Looks yummy I know... And here is mine and step by step preparation and recipe. (Hey I'm not a professional food photographer, but trust me this is really good)
and no I didn't cut a slice for you...hee hee First I wanted to get some veggies in there because Buddy does not like anything green and if he see's it then he's done with it. So I grated two full zucchini's. This way he wouldn't "see" them. I also added an entire package of baby bella's (mushrooms in case you couldn't tell from the picture).
I browned some Lean ground beef (season with garlic salt and pepper) and drained any fat that was in the pan. Then I added the mushrooms and the grated zucchini to the meat. It smelled really good at this point.
After the meat and veggies cook for a few minutes I added a jar of spaghetti sauce. I used Ragu just because its what I use and what I had in the pantry. At this point I HAD to make sure it tasted good so I tasted a spoonful and I was very happy!
For the noodles I just used regular old spaghetti noodles. And boiled 'em up! I always add salt to the water, just 'cuz I like it that way. After the noodles were boiled and done I put them in a separate bowl and added an entire container of fat free cottage cheese, 3 heaping spoonfuls of fat free sour cream and a good amount of pepper. I sprayed the glass cake dish with olive oil spray, and then I layered the first layer of noodles into the dish. I followed that by a layer of meat and veggie sauce.
Then I added a layer of cheese, 'cuz everything is better with cheese!
Then repeat
Then I popped it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350. So here is the run down on what I used... 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (but to make it skinnier you could use ground turkey or soy taco meat)Garlic, salt and pepper to taste 1 bottle spaghetti sauce (your choice) 1 package spaghetti noodles 1 16 oz. container Fat Free Cottage Cheese 3 Heaping table spoons Fat Free Sour Cream 1 16 oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese 2 Medium zucchini's grated 1 package sliced baby bella mushrooms That's it! Don't think I missed anything. I loved it! But just to be sure that I wasn't giving you a bias opinion, I asked my neighbor Charlie if he wanted some dinner and asked him to give me a review. He took enough food to feed two people but hey that's Charlie. He gave me a nine out of ten. Said it was a nine because when he took it home to eat it he noticed I didn't give him garlic bread or wine... oh well I'll take a nine! But, the opinion that I valued the most my little buddy gave me two thumbs up...and ate two helpings. Never once did he mention the "green stuff" or the mushrooms, just said "mmmmm this is good!". He just ate it up and asked for more. What more could a mama want. Hope you like it!
xoxo!!! I linked this post to the following blogs:
I Heart Nap Time

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icame over from the Creative Blogger's Party...because I loved that you titled the blog Ba-sketti!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form