Thankful

8:56 PMHeather

Recently I have been reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. I think that we have a tendency to overlook the blessing that we receive daily and take for granted the blessings that we continue to have. I mean, its easy to go through your day, be busy and overlook all of the awesome things we have going for us! I'm completely guilty of this. Its easy to focus on the negative and forget about the good.
As I sit here and write this I'm sitting on the toilet (not going) watching buddy take a bath. How blessed am I that I have this amazing little boy who I love to pieces. We have a house to live it, we are healthy, we had a good dinner, and we will get to go to sleep in a nice warm bed. Right there we are ahead of a lot of people in this world. I have all of these things everyday. And yet I am guilty of letting other people mess with my thankful bubble...I hear their words, or focus on what they say. I allow other people to dictate how I react...wait I let them...no I let myself react to them. The other day I gave someone some news that I was really excited about. I thought they'd be excited too. I was wrong. And I let myself react...badly. I mean really bad. Here's the kicker...I'm still. And I'm not sorry for how I reacted. What do I do with that? Well, tonight I looked at what I was thankful for. It helped me to take the focus off of being mad and helped me to be happy and thankful for what I have. Honestly, I am lucky. As I drove home in my little red rocket I was thankful that I had that extra car, especially since my Expedition decided to act up again. I'm saving money in gas by driving that car and come on that is awesome. I picked up my buddy and he gave me a huge hug! I had sweet potato fries for dinner (pure yumminess) And before I go to bed tonight I get to watch one of my favorite shows. All in all I have a good life. I have people who I love who love me back and honestly that makes it all good.
So tomorrow I'm going to focus on the things I am thankful for. I think I'll start with this:

Who wouldn't be thankful for this face :) LOVE! It the best thing to be thankful for!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Contact Form